All items will automatically renew three days before they are overdue (up to three renewals if there are no reserves on the item). The new renewal due date will be the full loan period added to the original due date.
To renew online:
- Log in to your Library Account.
- Enter your library card number (no spaces) and your password.
- Click on the Items Out tab.
- Select Renew All Items or individually check the items you wish to renew and click on Renew Selected Items.
- Wait for the renewal response screen to confirm that your renewal was successful. Then click on the Back link to view your new due date(s). You may wish to mark down or print your new due date(s). It is your responsibility to renew and return materials on time.
To renew by phone:
- Call the automated renewal line 301-333-3111 and follow the prompts. You will need to enter your library card number and password during the process.
- If the renewal is successful, a new due date will be indicated by the renewal operator. You may wish to mark down your new due date(s). It is your responsibility to renew and return materials on time.
- The automated renewal line is available 24 hours a day, except between 7:00 am and 7:30 am.
To renew by mobile app:
To renew at self-checkout stations:
- Scan or enter your library card number and password.
- Scan the items and follow the prompts.
To renew with staff assistance:
Call or visit a library branch. Please have your library card or Photo ID handy.